What you need for a successful business continuity plan.
To develop a successful business continuity plan, we recommend the following steps:
• Make sure you have the right information. Your business continuity plan doesn't have to be hundreds of pages long. It just needs the right information, and that information should be current and accurate.
• A one-page plan with the right information can be more valuable than a 100 page document that nobody can use.
• Standards can provide a useful starting point.
• Limit content to actual disaster response actions.
• Once the plan is complete, exercise it semiannually it to ensure that the documented procedures make sense.
• Be flexible.