How to Reduce Total Cost of Ownership
How to reduce your total cost of ownership
IT spending is a balancing act! Here are some basic ways to reduce your TCO and add value to your company.
- Track your current IT spending so you can effectively manage and control your costs.
- Reduce complexity by standardizing equipment, software platforms and configurations.
- Enable your employees to use their own devices.
- Outsource routine IT functions, such as technical support, data storage and back-up, to trusted advisors.
- Consider implementing a “thin client” model to more effectively manage and protect PCs
- Build and maintain an accurate inventory of hardware, software and appropriate licenses. Understand the frequency on which software licenses or hardware needs to be refreshed.
- Seek solutions that can scale up or down with your organization both in size and cost.
- Consider purchasing your software on a subscription or monthly basis in lieu of recurring capital expenditures.