The "cloud" is greatly misunderstood by many people. It is easy to get wrapped up in buzzwords and miss the underlying importance of what this technology really does for businesses in regards to convenience, performance, and cost. Some people think that the cloud is just "somebody else's computer," but there is a lot more to it. Here are a few of the official characteristics of a cloud service and what they do for your business in plain English:
- On-demand self-service - This means that additional resources, subscriptions, or accounts are available immediately without having to wait on your service provider.
- Broad network access - The ability for you to get work done on any device, from anywhere.
- Resource pooling - This is how providers leverage large expensive equipment across multiple customers or tenants. It is why cloud services are more affordable than owning equipment yourself.
- Rapid elasticity - Everybody know that time is money. The ability to adapt quickly to meet your business needs saves you both.
- Measured service - Only pay for what you use.
Does the above make sense to you? That is what our Cloud Consultants do, they build solutions around your business using the best cloud services and help you understand them in a straight forward manner.
Cloud Migration Services
Success in implementing virtual desktops is more about solid process than it is just the technology. Our cloud migration engineers have a long history of migrating many companies to cloud solutions, whether it be just applications, email, data, or complete desktop solutions. We use a very methodical approach because details matter and every organization is unique. We work with you to fully understand your needs and perform a thorough discovery of your environment to understand how your systems work today, and how well they work for you today, before building your new cloud environment. We perform a thorough testing and piloting period before cutting over to new systems to ensure a smooth transition with minimal disruption.
If you have not guessed by now, Virsage is a pretty big fan of the cloud, but it is not always the best solution for every circumstance. Virsage helps companies to find out what needs are best served by cloud services, and which are best to remain in-house, or in legacy systems. Our long history of work supporting the business needs of small and medium-sized organizations help us to remain focused on what really matters, ensuring that technology supports your staff and your operations. We can build a strategy for you to maximize your ROI from cloud technology.
Virsage will architect a solution around both your functional needs as well as your budget. Our designs are built around not only your workflow, but also your connectivity and resource needs. We estimate server loads and allocate appropriate resources to your infrastructure. We also evaluate your office Internet connectivity for both bandwidth and latency over a period of time to ensure that your performance remains consistent throughout your operations.